Veneers – Merrillville, IN
New Smiles, Brighter Futures
Are you tired of just “dealing with” your smile imperfections? After years of looking at cracked and stained teeth in the mirror, you’re ready to officially do something about your appearance. At United Dental Centers of Merrillville, our dental experts are here to help! Instead of feeling like you’re trapped in your own smile, let us recommend veneers in Merrillville. With these custom restorations, we can hide your flawed teeth and showcase a more beautiful appearance. Call us today to find out if you’re a candidate for veneers.
Why Choose United Dental Centers of Merrillville for Veneers?
- Flexible Financing Available
- High-Quality Restorations for Natural Appearances
- Dentists with Years of Experience & Training
What are Dental Veneers?
Unlike other cosmetic dental treatments that focus more on whitening teeth or offering short-lived results, veneers are custom-made to give you a new and improved look that can last a decade or more. Placed in just two appointments, veneers conceal all types of tooth imperfections (i.e., stains, cracks, chips, minor gaps, etc.), and they can be created to match the size, shape, and color of your choosing.
The Process of Getting Veneers
One important factor that comes with choosing veneers is that a small portion of tooth enamel must be removed before having veneers put into place. Before this happens, we will administer local anesthesia so that you feel no pain during this process. Once the enamel is removed, we will capture impressions of your teeth so that lab technicians can use the model to start building your veneers.
During the fabrication process, you’ll wear temporary veneers so that your teeth remain covered. However, after a few weeks, you’ll return to have your temporaries removed and your permanent ones put into place. Using a special bonding agent will help when adhering your veneers to your teeth so that they lay flat and appear like natural teeth.
The Benefits of Veneers
Veneers offer tremendous benefits to anyone who might be considering cosmetic dental treatment. Not only do they fully transform appearances, but they also:
- Offer a stain-resistant solution that allows you to still enjoy your favorite coffee, soda, or tea in moderation.
- Cannot develop cavities because the materials used to create them is not porous like regular enamel, so it cannot absorb, nor can it be penetrated by bacteria.
- Can last a decade or more with regular care.
- Can withstand normal daily wear and tear, making them highly durable.
- Offer a sense of confidence and the ability to appreciate your appearance.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
At this point you might be wondering, “But how much do veneers cost?” Since there isn’t a one-size-fits-all price, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all answer. That’s why we always recommend scheduling an appointment with our Merrillville cosmetic dentist; they can conduct an oral exam, learn more about your aesthetic goals, and give you an estimate of the price. Until then, you’re also welcome to read on to learn more on the topic!
Cost vs. Cosmetic Dentistry: What's Right For Me?
Whether you’re struggling with small gaps or serious stains, there are multiple cosmetic dental treatments available to you, including:
- Braces – If your teeth are slightly crooked or spaced-out, then orthodontic treatment is certainly an option. However, many patients are unaware that veneers can also fix these imperfections! In fact, veneers are often more desirable since they can deliver results in less than three visits, and they can address the shape and shade of your teeth as well.
- Teeth Whitening – Professional teeth whitening can lighten your teeth by eight shades in just one visit, which is one of the many reasons they surpass anything you’ll find over-the-counter. If, however, your dental discoloration is permanent, then veneers may be the best way to achieve the bright, beautiful smile you desire.
- Direct Bonding – Direct bonding is often compared to veneers since it can address several dental imperfections at once. While this treatment certainly has its own perks, like a lower upfront cost, it also comes with some “drawbacks,” like the fact that it’s really only suitable for more minor flaws.
- Veneers – After reading through the above information, you can see that veneers come with several noteworthy benefits, including that they are versatile, can address more significant imperfections, and have a shorter turnaround time. Plus, the results can last for 10+ years if you take care of your smile!
How to Make Veneers Affordable
As you may know, dental insurance doesn’t usually cover treatments that aren’t “medically necessary.” The good news is that there is another way to get your dream smile without breaking the bank: CareCredit. CareCredit is a trusted third-party financier that’s helped millions of patients get more affordable care. How? Well, they offer multiple payment options, which allow you to break down the cost of your treatment into smaller chunks that fit seamlessly into your monthly budget. If you want to learn more about this financial solution, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!